Are you in the market for a new garage door for your home? You’re probably doing research about the different styles and materials. Which one is best for you? Although it’s best to talk to professionals, it can help to have some information on the front end.
If you live in the Upper Marlboro or Hagerstown, Maryland area, Accurate Insulation can help. We install different types of garage doors to meet every need. Contact us to learn more or keep reading to learn more about the various types of garage doors available!
Your Garage Door Options
You have several options when it comes to garage door installation for your home in the Washington, DC area.
- Steel Garage Doors: Steel is one of the most commonly used materials for garage doors, and steel garage doors (whether sectional, rolling, or anything else) are durable, low-maintenance, and energy-efficient. They can also be painted easily and are available in textures that mimic wood.
- Wood Garage Doors: Although not as low-maintenance as steel doors, wood garage doors offer their own benefits. Nothing beats the natural beauty of wood, and wood is a good insulator, which can help reduce your energy bills.
- Aluminum Garage Doors: Another popular material for garage doors, aluminum is sturdy and durable, and it requires minimal maintenance, if any at all. Aluminum is also resistant to rust and corrosion, which can help extend the life of your garage door(s).
- Rolling Garage Doors: Rolling, or roller, garage doors are typically steel and extremely durable. They roll up via a spring (usually you can do this automatically with a garage door opener) but sometimes use a manual chain and pulley system.
- Sectional Garage Doors: One of the most popular types of garage doors, sectional garage doors typically consist of six to eight panels that slide up and overhead into your garage. When opening and closing, the door stays within the frame.
- Canopy Garage Doors: When canopy garage doors are opened, they stay straight (resembling a canopy) as they roll up smoothly. However, the swing-up arc of the door happens outside of the frame, so cars need to stop a few feet back.
- Swing Garage Doors: These types of garage doors resemble a traditional door when opening and closing, hinged to the door opening of the garage and swinging open. Like canopy garage doors, they require some space to open and close and aren’t ideal for narrow or short driveways.
Schedule a Consultation Today!
Do you need to replace your old garage door with a new, energy-efficient one? Let the team at Accurate Insulation install a new one that will complement your home’s exterior and help you stay as energy-efficient and comfortable as possible. We also offer garage door repair. Essentially, we are your single source for everything garage doors!
Contact us to discuss your project in the Washington, DC metropolitan area!