In the average home, 50 to 70 percent of energy costs is spent on heating and cooling, highlighting the need for practical solutions to increase efficiency. The type and level of insulation you have in your walls and attic will help determine the amount of heat transfer that occurs between your living space and the outdoors, and re-insulating your home is the best way to limit that air movement. The team of experienced professionals at Accurate Insulation can help to improve the comfort and efficiency of your home, using top quality products and services throughout Maryland and Washington, DC.
Contact us today to get started or call 301-358-6411 to schedule an appointment for home insulation in Bowie, MD.
Signs You Need Home Insulation in Bowie, MD
Over time your attic insulation may become damaged or compressed, and if you’ve recently bought a new home the previous owner or builder may have installed the bare minimum in an effort to save money. Watch for these signs, which indicate you could benefit from re-insulating your home:
Indoor Temperature Fluctuations
If the temperature inside your home changes with the weather, you may need more insulation in the walls and attic, or the insulation you have may have shifted, allowing outside air to penetrate your living space.
Increased Energy Bills
An unexplained rise in energy costs is a sign of a loss in efficiency, which may be caused by a lack of insulation.
Uneven Temperatures Between Rooms
If some rooms in your home are hotter or colder than others, the insulation may be damaged, compressed, or missing in certain areas of the attic or walls.
Water Leaks or Spots
Signs of water damage to your walls or ceilings mean that water may have infiltrated your home through the attic, causing potential mold and mildew growth on the attic walls and insulation.
Ice dams can occur on the roof when a poorly insulated home allows the heat to escape, melting the bottom layer of snow. As the resulting runoff heads towards the gutters and meets the colder outdoor temperatures, the water can freeze, forming large chunks of ice that can damage your home and pose a threat to those below.
How Much Insulation Do I Need?
Insulation is rated according to the R-value, which measures the resistance to heat flow, and where a higher R-value is better. The recommended value for homes in northern Maryland and Washington, DC is between R-38 and R-60, and depending on the type of insulation you use, the R-value per inch can vary between 2.2 and 8.0. Bowie home insulation contractors can help you determine the best solution for your home and budget to maximize your comfort and investment.
To learn more about insulation for your Bowie home, give us a call at 301-358-6411.
Benefits of Insulation
There are a number of energy-saving measures you can take in an effort to increase the efficiency of your home, but without the proper insulation in place, your efforts may be wasted. Benefits of home insulation include:
- Comfort – A well-insulated home retains more of your conditioned air for greater year-round comfort.
- Energy savings – Use less fuel to heat and cool your home, reducing your environmental footprint.
- Sound proofing – Insulation in the flooring and walls can help to reduce the transmission of sound between rooms.
Insulation Removal for Bowie, MD
We have many stately, historical homes in Bowie. And our economic climate is strong enough that we are seeing a steady rate of residential construction.
- If you’re planning a residential renovation project this year, you may want to consider replacing older insulation. Your new insulation can deliver as much as $200/year in energy savings.
- If you’re building a new home or a commercial property developer, partner with the best company for affordable, energy-efficient insulation.
Accurate Insulation removal in Bowie is customized for your property and its specific requirements. And new insulation can generate as much as a whopping 116% ROI (return on investment). Call 301-358-6411 or contact us for more information.
Signs You Need Insulation Removal and Replacement
As our country’s focus on healthy IAQ (indoor air quality) increases, we more frequently examine potential sources of air contamination. When insulation gets damaged or deteriorates, it can lead to many problems, including negatively impacting your IAQ.
Signs it’s time to remove and replace your insulation include:
- Creepy crawlies – Bad insulation makes a good nest for bugs, rodents, and other unwanted houseguests. Even if you get rid of the critters, they leave behind fecal air contaminants in your insulation.
- Drafts – When some rooms are draftier than others, it can indicate a problem with attic insulation.
- Frequent changes in indoor temperatures – This could be because of deteriorating crawl space/basement insulation or shifting insulation in attics. Heat and cold enter the weak spots and sabotage your HVAC system’s hard work.
- Higher energy bills – Your HVAC system has to work harder to overcome air loss.
- Moldy smells – If your insulation gets damp, the only solution is to remove and replace it. If you don’t see mold now, you’ll see – and smell it – soon.
- Ongoing allergy symptoms – Some fibrous insulation enhances allergies, especially if deteriorating or moldy. If you or a family member experiences an increase in allergy symptoms (congestion, headaches, itchy/watery eyes, sneezing), it could be from air contaminants. Consider insulation removal and spray foam insulation replacement.
Bowie insulation removal should be safe and affordable. It should also be managed by your professional insulation solutions company. In addition to the health risks involved, if there is damage resulting from a DIY insulation removal and installation, your insurance company can deny coverage. Accurate Insulation serves DC and its nearby Maryland communities. Call 301-358-6411 or contact us to learn more.
Schedule Home Insulation Services in Bowie, MD
As part of the Installed Building Products family of companies, we have access to the finest quality materials, training, and pricing for all commercial and residential applications.
Call Accurate Insulation today at 301-358-6411 to learn more, or contact us online for home insulation services you can count on.