You’re probably aware that with gutter guards installed on your gutters you need to do far less maintenance and cleanup than without them. But less isn’t the same thing as none, which means they do call for some cleaning from time to time. Want to know how to make cleaning your guards a snap? Follow along with the experts at Accurate Insulation to find out!
Cleaning Your Gutter Guards
There are a few major types of gutter guards, but primarily you’ll either be dealing with permanent gutter guards or removable. For removable guards the process is as simple as lifting the guard away, placing it on the roof while you work, and then going about things normally. Today we’re going to cover the slightly more complex (but still quite simple) fixed guards.
- A ladder
- Safety gloves and goggles
- A safe container (buckets are fine)
- A garden hose or low pressure cleaner
It’s best to tackle this as a two person job, as any time you are engaged in work on a ladder there is some risk. It’s an additional safety step as well, because having someone hand you the bucket and hose as needed is just far easier.
- Fix the ladder safely. Be sure to stabilize the ladder by ensuring it makes full contact with the ground, and is as level as possible to avoid destabilizing while you work.
- Remove easily grabbed loose debris. With gloves and goggles on (no telling what might be up there!) simply brush away debris and collect loose leaves and gunk from around the guards. This helps keep the mesh or holes clear to promote better water flow.
- Run water through the gutter to wash away excess. You don’t want plant matter hanging out in your gutters, because this is what causes mold and plant growth that can lead to gutter damage.
Quick tip! A gutter scoop can make the job far easier. If you feel uncomfortable with the job, hire a professional! They make the job quick and easy, and the service is quite inexpensive.
Gutter Guards in Upper Marlboro, Maryland
Looking for a team of specialists to install new gutter guards for your Upper Marlboro home? Contact the team at Accurate Insulation for the best in the business! We can ensure you get professional-level service and guards that are a snap to keep clean.