Gutters are an important element of your roof because they help protect your home against leaking, foundation problems, mold growth, and many other undesirable problems. However, when your gutters are malfunctioning, it can be difficult to know whether you should repair or replace them.
Keep reading to learn about the signs that it’s time to have your gutters serviced or it’s time to install new gutters.
Signs You Need Gutter Replacement
Even if your gutters aren’t completely falling apart, replacement is still the best option in some situations. You might need gutter replacement if:
- You gutters frequently get clogged
- Water overflows or leaks from your gutters or downspouts
- Your gutters are more than 20 years old
- There is rust or mildew buildup in your gutters
- Your gutters need frequent repairs that are getting increasingly costly
Properly installed gutters can last a long time, but all gutters will eventually need replacement.
Sign You Need Gutter Repairs
Unfortunately, many homeowners do not notice issues with their gutters until they result in water damage. However, there are clues you can be on the lookout for to stop problems before they begin. You may need gutter repair service if:
- Your gutters are flaking or peeling
- There are holes in your gutters (these are often caused by falling tree branches)
- You find standing water in your gutters
- Your gutters have detached hangers
Some of these signs are easier to spot than others, but if you are diligent with your gutter maintenance, you should notice the subtler signs so you can repair your gutters right away.
Benefits of Gutter Service
When you have your gutters repaired or replaced, not only will your home look better, you will also get the following benefits:
- Protecting your home from water damage
- Protecting the foundation of your home from problems like mold growth, basement leaks, and more
- Preventing flower bed erosion and other landscaping issues
Call Accurate Insulation for Gutter Services in the Washington, DC Area
Still need help deciding whether your gutters need repair or replacement? Are you ready to get started? Call Accurate Insulation! Our team will give you a careful evaluation and provide you with service that leaves you with peace of mind year after year. Contact us now to learn more or to request an appointment!